The Main Kiss Benefits
Do You know that kissing can have beneficial effects on your health? You can find out more about it below. If you want to get a kiss, you have to give it first. That’s the system of reciprocity. In most countries around the world, it’s usually not common to kiss people at random, so don’t run off on a stranger-kissing spree after reading this article! What’s a kiss?
Here’s a nice definitions for you: “A kiss is a pleasant and unobtrusive message that two united heads are better than one lonely head.” A kiss reveals many hidden things. If you still believe that a kiss is equal to a polite handshake, you may think differently after reading the findings of a study conducted in Russia.
They give concrete evidence that kissing has beneficial effects on your health, for instance:
1. Kissing maintains the balance of the cardiovascular system and lowers high blood pressure and cholesterol.
2. Kissing stimulates more than 30 facial muscles responsible for smooth skin and increases the blood flow to the facial skin.
3. You can burn 12 calories if kissing lasts for 5 seconds.
4. In connection with blood pressure: kissing prevents the production of the stress hormone, glucocorticoid, which is the culprit of high blood pressure, weak muscles and insomnia.
5. Kissing is a natural remedy for certain microbes because saliva attacks them. How? Saliva contains bacteria common to 80 % of people, while 20 % of people have a unique composition.
By exchanging saliva, you stimulate your immune system to adapt its response to the bacteria you’re exposed to. The result is the production of antibodies that protects you against the microbes. This process is called cross-immunotherapy.
6. By kissing a person, your brain can analyze how compatible you’re with this person. Has it ever occurred that you were more certain about what you liked or disliked about the person only after you kissed him/her? Hmm...
7. Last but not least: it’s a cure for hiccups too.